11.27.2008

The "last"...

This is the last Thanksgiving without the monkey. A few weeks ago, N and I celebrated our last birthdays without the monkey. Next month will be our last Christmas and New Year's Eve without the monkey. On one hand it's a little sad. Kinda like a rite of passage. But instead of moping and being upset or anything about it, we're exactly the opposite. Next Thanksgiving, there will be a family of 3 around the table (albeit the third member will only be about 6 months old...), plus the extended family will be coming out of the woodwork, I'm sure.

Seems that events are marked this year by being the "last" one...Then right away, we say with a big grin, "But next year the baby will be here!"

The bigger and more pregnant I get, the more excited we both get. Part of us are still kinda dumbfounded. Well, I am at least. I shouldn't speak for N. Some days it's almost hard to believe. But then something happens and I remember what a miracle this little one is and how much more vibrant and wonderful life will be next year once Monkey is born.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: